The Police Tactical Training System
The Police Tactical Training System is broken down into two levels of knowledge and competency.
The Level I Certification Course offers the participant tactical response training that is both comprehensive and compliant with the Use of Force mandates law enforcement officers are held to.
Participants will practice techniques for handcuffing, personal protection, third party intervention, subject removal from a vehicle, personal weapon retention, knife and firearm disarming.
The Level II Certification Course offers the participant a higher level of response training. More advanced techniques for handcuffing and weapon disarming are taught. The participant is also
introduced to and instructed in the proper use of the extendable baton (ASP). This course teaches an easy to use method of one second pressure point fighting to gain immediate and humane control
over a subject. Special strobe light training exercises help the participant develop an automatic and measured response.
Both courses provide hands-on training based on realistic and situational scenarios. PTT Level I Certification is a prerequisite for participation in the PTT Level II Certification Course.
PTT Level I Certification Course
Module 1: Defensive Tactics and Handcuffing Techniques
Module 2: Breaking Up Quarrels Or Frays
- Subject uses a grab or punch.
- Subject is attempting to choke the officer from the front.
- Subject has been backed to an obstacle and has turned to confront the officer.
- Subject grabs the officer using a right hand lapel grab.
Module 3: Subject Removal From A Vehicle
- Subject has mounted another subject face to face.
- Subject is choking another subject against a wall or obstacle.
- Subject is choking another subject from behind.
- Subject is in the prone position; face down with arms tucked-one officer.
- Subject is in the prone position; face down with arms tucked-two officers.
Module 4: Personal Weapon Retention Techniques
- Officer must remove subject from a vehicle. Subject is grasping steering wheel.
Module 5: Knife To Open Hand Techniques
- Subject attempts to take officers sidearm from the front.
- Subject attempts to take officers sidearm from behind.
Module 6: Firearm to Open Hand Techniques
- Open hand defense against a side of the neck saber slash.
- Open hand defiance against a reverse femoral artery slash.
- Open hand defense against a forward femoral artery slash.
- Open hand defense against a high backslash to the side of the neck.
- Open hand defense against strike to the heart with a straight saber slash.
- Open hand defense against a backslash to the lungs with a saber grip.
- Open hand defense against a forward saber slash to other lung.
- Open hand defense against a strike to the carotid sinuous with an inverted reverse stab.
- Open hand defense against strike to the left carotid sinuous with a forward regular stab.
- Open hand defense against a strike with a forward saber slash.
- Defense against a handgun to the front.
- Defense against a handgun to the side.
- Defense against a close handgun to the rear.
- Defense against an extended handgun to the rear.
PTT Level II Certification Course
Strobe Light Training Technique
(PTT Level I Certification is a prerequisite for this course)
- Developing a rapid and automatic response to edged weapons using perceptual distortion
Tactical Handcuffing in Dynamic Situations
Advanced Knife Training and Disarming
Tactical ASP (Extendable Baton) Training
Advanced Hand Gun and Long Gun Disarming
One Second Pressure Point Fighting
- Defenses against weapons, strikes and other threats, providing immediate subject control